Sunday 30 September 2007

Lord of all, or not Lord at all.....

Romans 10: 8-10
"The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,"[
a] that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

If we believe in something enough it will in fact affect the way we live,

the choices we make,
the things we do with our time,
and money,
and what we talk about….

It’s when we are not sure what we believe in, that's when the trouble starts….. it’s when I think I believe something but don’t act on it… you know… I believe it may rain….and go out without an umbrella… dumb…. that may sound like a foolish example but as simple as it sounds is as simple as the news about Jesus is as well.

I can say I believe something, but do nothing about that…… whats the point in believing something, if it doesn't change the way you live .

say I believe in Julie,(my lovely wife) I believe she loves me, and that I love her,
but until we start having a real relationship one with another, it means precious little.

So if I Say Jesus is Lord and don’t allow Him to rule my life it means nothing at all…

And the other phrase which has been used is,
unless Jesus is Lord of all He isn’t Lord at all.

And If you believe it, you need to live it.

Lord over our earthly relationships,
Lord over our time
Lord over our choices
Lord over our decisions
Lord over our money
Lord over our thoughts
Lord over our private times when we are alone and no one else is watching
Lord over our mouth
Lord over our hands
Lord over our legs, and where they take us
Lord over our social life
Lord over family.


Life is all about Him,

It’s not enough to just believe (even Satan believes in God)

Confession is good for your soul, get it out, if you believe in God and Love Him confess it and live it…if you have stuff going on, get prayer and confess it, to our Father God and allow Him to forgive and heal you.

And if He is not Lord of everything in your life,
then He probably isn’t Lord of anything in your life.